Begin by finishing off some of the quests from the Northern Border station along the Cordon, including Lenta's Path, Breaking Up the Mafia, and Bon Appetit. These can be done right across the river without much difficulty. Finish off the quests right along the near edge with Blindsided, and Aviary Spies. You will also want to complete the repeatable reputation quest Historian's Robbery at least once to open up Zem Manuscripts (the items for this quest drop off skeleton monsters in the Cordon area). After all that you should be ready for for your first deep foray into the Cordon.
You can always fight your way through the Goblin guards at the gates to get to the far side of the Cordon, but there are two alternate routes that I'm aware of:
- Use the Catapult at Meridian Outback, which is unlocked with the quest Catapult. Be warned that this is risky, and sometimes you end up spattered on the rocks by the Catapult instead of in the lake beyond the Cordon.
- Head north along the wall to the northernmost edge of the Allod, then turn east. You can work your way around the end of the Cordon and then up a path to the area around Giant's Table. There are plenty of roaming monsters here, so be ready for a fight.
Head north and sneak around the shore to the path leading up to this area. The area debuffs here are growth / shrink effects.
- Collect Black Marks for The Great Hunt.
- Collect the crystal near the altar for Demon Hunters.
- Kill the Lucky Family for Dubious Fortunes.
- Kill Blightbone for the Giant's Table Relic for Mysteries of the Zem Ruins.
- Visit the first anomaly site for the Beyond the Cordon (west side).
- Find the First Debtor for One Good Turn Deserves Another near Rotbeak, a named vulture near the marker for Aviary Spies.
Be wary of the many wandering monsters in this area, and the annoying anti-healing debuff.
- Collect Strange Bandages for The Great Hunt.
- Talk to the Prisoner for Victim or Traitor.
- Pick up the two quests An Ancient Fresco and The Cult of Tep. Be sure you grab the Desorotype from the slow-spawning chest nearby. You can complete this quest in the center of the temple near Nomarkh Seku.
- Visit the second anomaly site for Beyond the Cordon (near the center of this area).
- Kill Nomarkh Seku inside the temple structure to the north for One Good Turn Deserves Another, The Cult of Tep, and the Spectral Gorge Relic for Mysteries of the Zem Ruins.
This area has large pools of quicksand that slow movement. Be wary, some of these skeletons hit very hard.
- Collect Heavy Shackles for The Great Hunt.
- Be sure you visit the camp south of this site to talk to Vladimir Shiporov about his debt for One Good Turn Deserves Another. There are also a few other quests here.
- The beacon for Demon Hunters is near the camp.
- Vladimir's bag is a random drop from the skeletons here and will get you the second debt for One Good Turn Deserves Another.
- Kill Kaput for the relic needed for Mysteries of the Zem Ruins.
- Find the anomaly site for Beyond the Cordon. It's down near the ruins in the depths of this area.
Isle of Weakness / Husk Isle
This entire area drains energy and mana. You can find spots where this effect fades, so use these to your advantage, pulling monsters there to fight. Note you'll have to make two trips here, one to finish off Demon Hunters and one to complete the followup quest The Nature of the Darkness.
- Collect Tainted Eyes for The Great Hunt.
- Find the Fourth anomaly for Beyond the Cordon (near the treasure on Husk Isle).
- Kill Nighthowl on Husk Isle for the Mysteries of the Zem Ruins relic and the kill quest from the Demon Hunters camp.
- Collect the crystal near the north-east edge of Husk Isle for Demon Hunters.
- Pick up the treasure near Nighthowl. Even though you can get the treasure quest at 33, you must be level 34 to complete this quest.
Demon Hunter Camp
This camp contains the only vendor east of the Cordon.
- Talk to the Kiddy Family about their debt for One Good Turn Deserves Another.
- Pick up the Nighthowl killing quest for the Isle of Weakness / Husk Isle.
- When you've completed Demon Hunters, pick up The Nature of the Darkness.
One of the last places you'll visit in Coba, Blackjack's, is swarming with hostile Goblins. The easiest access is probably the north side, near the edge of the Allod, but if you have friends along, simply heading in the main entrance may work just as well. The south side is very well protected by natural and artificial barricades.
- Kill Yar and Goblin Watchmen for The Mafia's Days Are Numbered. Note that Yar comes with two wolf companions so be ready.
- Defeat Blackjack himself to uncover the Secret of the Deal.
- Put the beatdown on Sarang Petosiris to complete Alive for Thousands of Years.
- Fight your way up the fortified position on the hill near the docks to complete Goblin Headquarters Hotspot.
With all that out of the way (whew!) you're pretty much down to killing the bosses in this area if you haven't already, Skarskull, Abordazh the Merciless, and the Shadowy Prospector. Once that's done, finish off the loose ends and running around followups, then get ready for Coldberg!